Monday, May 15, 2017

Opportunities Often are Missed and Passed By

Pondering between my physical pains and sorrow about my lost and wasted time, I wandered about from spot to spot, subject to subject most of this morning, finishing up with an article about one of the Beatles, George Harrison.   He died of cancer, throat cancer.  I didn't know this.
I liked some of the Beatles' music but never would be considered a follower of the group.  Probably I was still entrenched listening to country music.

Oh, I forgot; there was Elvis! He had hit the music scene by then, after exposure on the " Ed Sullivan Show".  Young, lively and impressionable, many of us were enchanted with the hip-jerking-Elvis; a far cry from that which we'd been used to hearing on the radio.  "Right on!" his followers said
 Next came the Beatles onto the music scene, with their bowl cuts.  'Weird looking hairstyle', I thought. Without understanding words in music,  I missed much.  For instance, the words below written by George Harrison  are ones I wish I'd heard back then in the Beatles hay-day.  They aren't uttered on the music Charts today, I don't think.  Too bad.  Maybe the words and music today are greatly adding to mankind's turmoil?


"Everything else can wait," , "but the search for God cannot wait."  George Harrison often said

George Harrison lyrics
"Within You Without You"

We were talking about the space between us all
And the people who hide themselves behind a wall of illusion
Never glimpse the truth, then it's far too late, when they pass away
We were talking about the love we all could share
When we find it, to try our best to hold it there with our love
With our love, we could save the world, if they only knew

Try to realize it's all within yourself
No one else can make you change
And to see you're really only very small
And life flows on within you and without you

We were talking about the love that's gone so cold
And the people who gain the world and lose their soul
They don't know, they can't see, are you one of them?

When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find
Peace of mind is waiting there
And the time will come when you see we're all one
And life flows on within you and without you

1 comment:

  1. My wife doesn't think anything good came out of the 60's, yet some of the songs she liked were actually from then, she just refuses to believe it. LOL

    ReplyDelete

So nice of you to stop by. Welcome and thanks for leaving a comment about the post--we love hearing from you. You are always welcome to chime in.