Saturday, April 9, 2016

Now I Get It

I'm reading Seymour Hersh's "The Dark Side of Camelot", an account of the days of John Kennedy's life and his rise to become our president in 1960.  

It certainly isn't a pleasant picture that tells of how political candidates fight to gain what they want.  None of their tricks is 'too dirty'.  I've heard, know a bit about, and read about the 'antics' of the drum-beaters.  But their antics go far deeper than one can imagine.  Truly!

We as John Q Publics, we ordinary citizens, realize practice makes perfect, so my feeling is that in the future it will still be as secretive and stinking rotten as it was then and way farther back before the Kennedy games, most likely from the very first political game with George Washington.

This book is lengthy, was well researched and is rich with footnotes.  I find that Seymour Hersh is the author of many books that expose all the hidden information that we rarely learn about.  I will continue reading some of his books.  He is a fine writer.  It is fairly shocking to me to have reached the age of 75 and not to have known of the seriously dirty deeds that
 are done.  I don't think we as a nation ever have the right to preach morality or compassion, truthfulness to another, especially when being represented by such scandalous standards.  

I apply what I've learned from this book to the fiasco today, this (18 months) campaign and fully distrust what I hear the candidates saying and doing.

Read this if you want more truth!  The media - completely controlled ...or else!

Now I Get It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So nice of you to stop by. Welcome and thanks for leaving a comment about the post--we love hearing from you. You are always welcome to chime in.