Sunday, March 6, 2011

Forget the Dogs ***

    and focus closer.  See the fat buds building to burst into full bloom? 



Won't be many days before it will look as this one.  This is my magnolia tree, a Mother's Day gift from Anna.  How it has grown in the past five years.  It would have been bigger, but foolish me thought I could shape it and went chop, chop a few times.  Yet, I can't let it grow too sprawly now that there is the fence close by to it.

A single bloom

This is the "Jane" Magnolia, having pink flowers.  The blooms have a delicious perfume exuding when you get nearby.  Only problem is they don't last long enough.


The petals are unsuitable for drying as they turn a brown color.  My loss as capturing that perfume was my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So nice of you to stop by. Welcome and thanks for leaving a comment about the post--we love hearing from you. You are always welcome to chime in.