Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Just Musing and Mind Browsing Toward Bedtime ***

This has been another huddling day. If I'd had a nice warm wood fire going it would have been more pleasant to huddle. Problem is I don't have a nice wood stove to make a wood fire in, so I have just huddled in front of the computer all day studying or under the bedcovers for a short nap. I don't think it is all that cold but sure is a huge change from the last few days such as the 74 degrees yesterday. Well, it can't last much longer for spring is almost here

I caught myself several times moving toward the thermostat to turn it up but each time realized I better not do so, since last month's bill was over $225.00 and this is low compared to many others' electric bills. Will someone please tell me how one individual uses that much electricity? You probably can't even explain why your bill is so high much less mine. Call the electric company though and they will explain it so easily with a big smile in their voice and probably on their face, knowing that they have another sucker on the line. I use very little electricity. I never have but one light on at a time, and never in the daylight, no TV, wash a couple loads of laundry weekly in cold water, rarely use the stove, take 6 minute showers. I quickly bathe rather than take my ease with warm water pouring down over my head as I would love to do. There is no better feeling than standing under nice warm water to take all the aches of the day away and down the drain. Well, those were days of luxury, so an Advil has to suffice.

The electric company rep told me once it was high in January and February because of the Christmas lights and electric heaters. Well, she sort of stalled when I let her know I never had tree lights nor electric heat. Told he I didn't even have a tree, (in case she tried to put the blame on one) and used a wood stove. She argued with me that I used it else my bill wouldn't be this high. Finally I found out a possible reason for ungodly winter bills. Its the water heater for it has to work overtime in the winter because the ground is so cold and so the water coming out of the ground is much colder. Well, that makes sense until I realize it keeps getting higher and higher and even more high each succeeding year. Surely the ground isn't keeping pace with electric bills by getting colder as time goes past. If it was, that means the air temperature is also.

I know we have some cold and even a few bitter cold winter days but they don't seem any colder or even as cold as winter days in years gone by seemed to be. If they are colder, then how to explain this greenhouse effect that's warming our earth up so much and melting the ice caps! Seems to me if ice is melting then the ground should be warming also.

I've done a lot of freezing in my lifetime; well, mostly shivering I guess as I am sure most everyone has. My feet and hands rarely turn clear with frostbite now. If you have read much of this blog, you know of the two years I wore a heavy overcoat during the summers. No wonder my muscles are so stiff. They've worked overtime for too long trying to keep this body from flying into pieces as the result of shivering.

Now maybe you can understand why I practically worship the sunshine. Of course, it won't be too long before I gripe and groan about it too. The heat is unbearable come midsummer, what with no air conditioner.

There doesn't have to be these outrageous fees to keep us humans comfortable all the time. There is free energy if only the "big wheels" would have flats and couldn't drive the system anymore. That's what keeps the pleasures or necessities of life so overcostly-and it 'do seem' its coming to the point of many flats!. Well, energy won't be exactly free but it will certainly be the cheap way to go. If you are curious, just do a search on this wonderful invention called the Internet; google free energy, zero point, scalar energy, Nicola Tesla for starters. Hard to understand sometimes but all truth. In fact, I have a tape sent to me that I put into the tape player of my truck when I drive to save gas. I have checked several times to find exactly how much gas mileage I got. I know I get exactly 10 mpg. This truck, a Chevy S10 eats your paycheck up quicker than a goat could. Well, I didn't have doubts (just mystified) how a tape could possibly do what I was told it could. But I tested it, first time on a trip over into NC to see Lynn. 110 miles roundtrip from the gas pump and back to it that night. I filled the truck up to the very top of the tank -would not hold another drop, then drove. Back home, I refilled it to the very top - would not hold another drop - to show how much gas I had used - cost me $5.34 to fill it back up. and I'm sure it was a bit over $1 gallon at that time. Truth.

I'll stop there as it is getting colder and colder sitting here typing and leave you with a funny poem I found in my saved documents written by Maya Angelou. Goodnight, sleep tight and don't let the bedbugs bite. Smile for you all.

A Phenomenal Woman

When I was in my younger days,
I weighed a few pounds less,
I needn't hold my tummy in
to wear a belted dress.

But now that I am older,
I've set my body free;
There's comfort of elastic
Where once my waist would be.

Inventor of those high-heeled shoes
My feet have not forgiven;
I have to wear a nine now,
But used to wear a seven.

And how about those pantyhose-
They're sized by weight, you see,
So how come when I put them on
The crotch is at my knee?

I need to wear these glasses
As the print's been getting smaller;
And it wasn't very long ago
I know that I was taller.

Though my hair has turned to grey
and my skin no longer fits,
On the inside, I'm the same old me,
It's the outside that's changed a bit.

Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment

So nice of you to stop by. Welcome and thanks for leaving a comment about the post--we love hearing from you. You are always welcome to chime in.